Monday, July 12, 2010

Fallen

This is my first ode to love poem. It actually has three phases. The first of course is Phase 1. Phase 2 and 3 are also included to takeaway suspense☺. Please feel free to make comments/respond at the end or ask questions. Also if you have not joined, please do so under "Follow Me." You can also email me at yenba.cire@gmail.com. Promise to respond. As always, Thank you for tuning in and I hope you enjoy.

Sincerely yours, Yenba.

Fallen: Phase 1

I want to fall in love. I see her and light up inside. I remember her warmness and smell even when we leave, and I looked forward to the next embrace. Sex is not important because we can express ourselves in other ways.
When we are not together I start counting the days.
When I see her smile or just catch a glimpse from far away, something inside makes me uncomfortable, but it is a feeling I want to stay.
Falling is a beautiful thing. You remember the first kiss and the second. You think of her in your dreams. Your visions churn while the desire to see other females burn. For that digital black book you’ve prepared an urn. And you are happy with the product you have in return.
Love that I feel like I could go to the end for her. Looking at not the complete future, but enjoying each moment as one.
Soft gentle words and a caring listening ear, listening to my hope, aspirations, and fears.
Falling is wonderful.

Phase 2

How do you maintain love? What happens when that person does not love you back? I have heard the excuses: it is not working, you can get someone better for you, it is not you it is me. I have thought of those lines you see.
To me that is crack. Just a way to get me high off the blow of, “Tough break, but I do not love you back.”
What a blow that is to take. It literally takes your breath for days.
Feeling like you are close to death. The blow has you craving for a hit. But you see know matter how high, the love you wanted you cannot get. Why doesn’t love love me? If I had not fallen, I would not enter this plea. But the mental and physical high of fallen is too much to flee.
I want you, I like what I fell in. I like the way your love looks, tastes, and smells. But the feeling is more than that, and saying that I can do better is like giving me a weaker dose.
That love is what you want the most. Don’t tell me what I want and need. I know I wanted you. Now I am in Fallen Rehab. Looking for another feeling to bring me down. Fallen is great, not getting it back is not, but the world is still going to spin and rotate around.

Phase 3

Nothing is wrong with fallen in love, it is hitting the ground that hurts.
Falling so fast watching future memories go by.
Remembering loving so hard that you could cry.
The funny thing is it is fresh and a great place to be.
You visit the memories and if it stayed good how it might be.
You see her face in the darkness when you close your eyes.
You think of her name when you first wake up and before you rest.
Wondering if you will shake the guise.
The very face of fallen in love and how it makes you feel.
How do you stop fallen, once you have reached the peak of that hill?
I know I wanted to but could not.
I tried to stop climbing, but it was not in my heart.
I fell in love, and now I am fallen to what feels like the end.
Still feeling her touch, and seeing her face as she wakes up, watching her read, and seeing that smile, knowing that she needs time to herself and I chill for awhile and come back to an embrace that made me feel whole.
Regretting before my crash, that my love was not good enough to behold.
The landing hurts more than the fall.
I hope I never fall again. The fond memories of the fall are not worth it in the end.

4 comments:

  1. the ending was sad....:( I liked the poem but the ending was unexpected.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank for your comments ABCannada. I am glad you liked the poem. I was in the moment when this was penned. I thought about the pleasant side of being in love, but the sadness it causes when trouble comes ended up consuming me at the end. Other stories do have happy endings:) Please come visit again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked this poem...I think it will be interesting for you to revisit it once you fall in love with someone who recipricates. I would be interested how phase 2 and phase 3 change...
    Thanks for sharing :)
    Maya

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the comments Maya G. Please keep tuning in.
    -Yenba C.

    ReplyDelete