Friday, October 22, 2010

Rage

There is a saying that goes "if you are not mad, you are not paying attention." That is clearly a privileged and white saying. As a person of color in this world, I cannot show my true rage. It is difficult to tell my complete truth. If I show that side, I am categorized as the angry conspirocist. AKA, the angry black man who is yet again painting a picture from his imagination from a past that no longer exist.

So, why be mad. I can pay attention and not be mad. I can also atste my piece without showing my anger. I believe it is better to push the anger out and try to love any way. I have seen so many let the anger and madness consume them that they cease to live. The only thing they know is anger. That becomes the way they deal with all of their frustrations and problems. That anger becomes burdens that are carried on their shoulders like the world Atlas was given. That creates the bitterness and creates the blinders that help further oppress us and keep the different oppressed from working together. I am guilty myself and am probably speaking as a hypocrite. My frustration often keeps me from wanting to work with the other hypocrites. I forget my true mission of education and salvation.

That is why I will try not being mad and try love. Love allows barriers to be broken down. Love is one of the three things we have. Faith, hope, and love. Of those three, love is the greatest. Love allows me to live off vailent efforts. Those are the efforts of King and X who realized that we need each other. Anger is not a product of that collaboration. My true prayer is that we make it, that we get it, that we unite and stop so much questioning and start finding answeres in each other.

One Love...

No comments:

Post a Comment