Monday, August 9, 2010

Guilt

I write this as I currently feel like I am always asking for forgiveness. It is true that one of the hardest actions to do is to forgive yourself. At some point, I want to start doing things from a point of true humaneness not from any guilt that I may possess over my actions in the past. I truly hope we can look at the occurrences in this world right now and make things right by forgiving others, forgiving ourselves, and then working on making it right. My fear is that right now we are losing. And I do not mean Black people, poor people, or just the oppressed. I mean we as the whole. My guilt starts at what did I do wrong and how come I have not made it right? Hope you enjoy, reflect, and analyze. Sincerely, Yenba.

Can you drive out guilt by being driven by your guilt. A famous King quote says that you cannot drive out darkness with darkness or hate with hate. Where does guilt lay its head?

Is it a stretch to say that we struggle with guilt without having a real answer for it? In our efforts to overcome guilt we overcompensate by trying to drive it out and replace it with our good deeds. That is noble and needed in a wicked world. But the deciet is that you will never overcome your guilt without forgiveness. It seems that helps lead to deeds been done from a spirit and heart that is in a place to heal and teach others. Not to blame and hate others for past and current inequalities. True diversity and love is found by realizing that we all have the right to think,act, and love how we want as long as it does not inhibit others right to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment